empathy - create with SHUN SUDO
*This program has ended.
They express themselves on canvas when their feelings cannot be articulated into words.
The artist would like a name to be given to a picture he painted while thinking of the world.
The name you give it will bring the picture to life, allowing it to take flight so that it may reach out to more people.
The sharing of emotions with more people will light the way to a brighter future.
Thank you to all the people who came to see the “empathy” project.
I am surprised and very happy to see that we received far more submissions for the painting title than we ever imagined.
In this project, I had hoped that my painting would inspire people to think about peace in their own way.
It was a great joy reading each of the titles that everyone had given the painting, and the reasons behind them, because I realized that my message had gotten through.
There is no such thing as the “right” title for this painting. The titles are whatever people felt and put into words upon seeing the painting.
I felt that the title I chose in the end, Answer, was an apt embodiment of this feeling within me.
There are no answers to peace or art. The answer lies in whatever each person feels.
I looked at my painting again after deciding on the title, Answer, and I felt that my work was now truly completed.
I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to HRFK for giving my painting a wonderful name. But I am also grateful for everyone else who looked at it, and came up with their own “answers.”
Thank you so much.
Sony Park Mini
B1 Nishi-Ginza Parking, 5-3-1 Chisaki, Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0061 (Google Maps / Video access guide)
[Opening Hours / Duration]
11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. / Mon., July 25 – Sun., Aug 7, 2022
*This program has ended.
[How to apply]
Suggested names for the painting may be submitted at Sony Park Mini where it has been placed on display.
Those who are unable to visit the venue may send their submissions via the program website.
Submission of names
Applications have closed.
Sales of original goods
Capsule toys of Shun Sudo ’s peace icon, Button Flower stickers (three varieties), will be sold as original goods at (retail price: 500 yen per turn) Sony Park Mini for the duration of the program.
- Sony Park Mini is a tiny space of about 33 m2. Note that there will be a limit to the number of people allowed to enter the space at any one time.
- Note that there will be a limit to the number of capsule toys sold during the program.
- Any changes to the program will be announced on Sony Park’s official social media account.
[Measures to prevent infection and requests for visitors]
Measures will be implemented to prevent the spread of infections at Sony Park Mini, to ensure the health and safety of visitors and staff. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Visitors are asked to cooperate in having their temperatures checked when entering the facility. People with temperatures over 37.5 ℃ may not be allowed to enter.
- Visitors are asked to wear masks inside the facility.
- Visitors are asked to cooperate in disinfecting their hands when entering the facility.
- Visitors are asked to cooperate in maintaining social distancing.
- Alcohol disinfectant will be available.
- Places inside the facility touched or used by many people will be disinfected or ventilated regularly.
- Staff will wear masks, check their temperatures before coming to work, and regularly gargle their mouths, as well as wash and disinfect their hands.